With last week’s hot temperatures in LA, I was craving ice cream! I’ve been so good on the running though that I didn’t want to mess everything up by going to 7/11 to buy Ben & Jerry’s. I decided to try out a healthy recipe instead. I’m really interested in the raw vegan lifestyle and I’m following a bunch of raw vegan peeps on Instagram. They inspired me to try out this recipe. I hope you all enjoy it! Let me know what’s your favorite raw or vegan recipe in the comments below and maybe I try it out and feature it on the blog (and give you credit for it by posting the link to your blog)!
Ice cream ingredients:
– 1 frozen banana
– 1 cup of frozen berries (mix of strawberries, blueberries & strawberries)
– 5 dates
Chocolate sauce ingredients:
– 3 dates
– 3/4 cup of coconut water
– 1 tbs of natural unsweetened cocoa
- Mix all the ice cream ingredients in the Vitamix
- Mix the chocolate sauce ingredients in the Vitamix and heat it up
- Serve the warm chocolate sauce over the ice cream and decorate with some shredded coconut
PS: I’m sorry for the lack of posts on the blog! I just started school last week and I have been crazy busy with the combination of school, the baby and the preps for Slaiden’s first birthday party!